So many babies, so little time! You'll notice how the dates on these quilts have months long gaps. Well, it's not that I sat down to do them all in that month. I work on them over time, and the date is the date when I finish. SO many of my friends have had little ones (and second little ones!) in the past two years, so I have been a very busy girl. It looks like things are finally slowing down for me...unless a whole other slew of people decide to have second kids! This last group of quilts from November through January were for second (and third!) arrivals. A few of these people never got a first quilt, so I was determined to get them one this second time around. Hey, now none of these kids can say no one ever thought of them or got them anything when they were born.
This "Silhouette" quilt for Caleb was based loosely on a
pattern. I changed things up a little and made it a bit more my own, changing the size of the tumblers, bordering, etc. I used leftover
Michael Miller Pierres Famous Traveling Circus
fabric and panels from my very
first quilt. I feel like I've come such a long way that I decided to add a new element - an appliqué animal.
The free motion is stipple.
No comments:
Post a Comment