Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Sew It Begins

I started quilting and sewing in 2014.  I was inspired to do it even earlier because I was having a baby, and at my baby shower I received so many beautiful handmade items.  I felt badly that I couldn't make anything special for my baby and wanted to do something crafty.

When I was in high school, my grandmother had given me an hour-long lesson on how to use a sewing machine.  I kind of remembered and figured it couldn't be that hard to pick up, so I bought a machine and some material and...then I had my baby girl two months early and my life was thrown into complete chaos.

So I put the sewing on hold.  When my daughter finally started taking real naps (almost a year later!) I sat down and read my machine's manual and watched a few youtube videos and decided to get to work.  I had a bunch of friends having babies at the time, so I started making baby quilts.  A year and a half and 26 quilts later, I'm feeling like I actually know what I'm doing and want to start documenting what I've learned and what I've made with notes, to myself as much as anyone else.

I'm excited to share my journey with you,
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment