Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 17, 2016

The Fabulous Mr. Fox (August 2014)

This "Fabulous Fox" disappearing nine patch quilt was a gift for my friend Irene's son William.  Some of the front fabrics included Robert Kaufman's Fox and The Houndstooth Bowties Black Fabric and Robert Kaufman Fabulous Foxes Grey Glasses and Houndstooth.


I decided to try a Craftsy quilting class.  In Quilting Quickly, I liked the instructor, Jenny.  I got some good ideas from this class about how to do basic piecing of quilt fronts and how to do binding.  I was, however, disappointed that it relied on machine quilting to finish the quilt as I did not have access to that option in Bermuda.  Like the last one, I was a bit more bold and used stitch in the ditch to quilt.


I used this great Fox and The Houndstooth Foxes Grey Fabric fabric also by Robert Kaufman for the backing:



No comments:

Post a Comment