Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Dressing for Fall in the Country (November 2015)

We celebrated Thanksgiving with my husband's family in the mountains of North Carolina.  There are three little second cousins, all born about a year apart - a one year old, a two year old and a three year old. I thought it would be cute for them to have matching outfits.  It wasn't hard to find the perfect fabric from the Makower "Sherwood" collection.  It was a featured fabric on one of my favorite sites, Hawthorne Threads.  I liked this fabric because it was good for fall, but not overtly Thanksgivingy, so I thought the kids might be able to rehear the outfits.  I also liked it for this project because there are two girls and a boy, and the fabric isn't too feminine.

I decided to do a peasant dress for the girls and a vest for the little boy.  Both were very easy. I loved doing the two fabrics on both.  I thought the inside stag pattern gave the vest a little cheeky flair.




And a vest:




And my models:





No comments:

Post a Comment