Search This Blog

Sunday, February 21, 2016

It's a Girl Swirls (May 2015)

This "Pinwheel" quilt for Roslyn used leftovers from my first pinwheel quilt.    These fabrics are from Michael Miller's "It's a Girl Thing" line.  I used Chevy Chevron Girl, Contemporary Florals Flower Shower Petal Pink, and Play Dot in Bloom/Gray to construct the pinwheels.




To make it even more unique and challenge myself, I decided to go a bit off-the-wall with my free motion quilting and did swirls.  This made the piece very dense and not as fluffy as I would have liked, but it was super-cute.  I like the combo of this design and quilting pattern as the swirls are reminiscent of the wind blowing from the pinwheels. I also used a very light satin for the binding, which proved not as challenging as it had been in the past.


For the back, I again went with Michael Miller's Zoology in Pink:



No comments:

Post a Comment