- First time doing free motion quilting.
- Different areas of the quilt are quilted differently.
- First time doing an appliqué embellishment.
- First time doing a monogram.
I took a look at Start Free-Motion Quilting, with Elizabeth Dackson and decided the least intimidating style was stipple.
This "Monogram Bar" quilt was for my bestie Jen's son Lachlan. Piecing the front together was actually quite easy since it involved larger pieces of fabric and there was not a lot of sewing.
Even the monogram was relatively straightforward, although it's clear I need to practice appliqué.
For the back, I used a loud print to offset the plainness of the front. For the borders and dot area I tried to create a pattern of loops reminiscent of the paths on the back fabric. The orange is a large stipple pattern, the blue around the monogram is a small stipple, and there is no quilting over the actual letter.


No comments:
Post a Comment