Search This Blog

Monday, February 22, 2016

Hey, Remember Me? (September 2015)

So remember when I wrote that I began quilting because I was having a baby and wanted to make a quilt for her?  Probably not, since we haven't seen one yet.  At this point she was old enough to no longer need a play mat, and we were moving, and I hadn't sorted the design of her room yet so I didn't want to make her a blanket for sleeping.  She started nursery school in September, and I was told she would need a blanket for nap time.  Even though I knew she  wouldn't actually need the blanket because she only goes for half days a few mornings a week, I decided to make one anyway.

We had been on vacation over the summer, and I saw these beautiful quilted blankets in a store in Saugerties, New York called Boudoir Baby.  They were so simple, a single fabric front and back with simple quilting.  But they were so soft and cozy that I knew I wanted to make Judith something like this.

I picked two complementary prints for the front and back: Riley Blake "Vintage Market" in Bike Flower Girl in white and Strawberries in pink.  The binding was also from that collection.  I used a high loft batting and quilted it with wide stitches on the diagonal.








Even though she doesn't need it for school, she LOVES this quilt.  She uses it in her play castle and puts all her babies to sleep in it.  Sometimes she rolls on the floor wrapping herself in it.  I'd say she's a pretty happy camper, and I finally did what I set out to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment