Search This Blog

Saturday, February 20, 2016

Four Square (December 2014)

This "Four Square" quilt for Ethan uses the disappearing nine patch, but I put some sashing between it.



While I went largely solid with the back, I had a bit of extra fabric I wanted to use up (and not enough of the blue), so I added an extra strip to the back.


I decided to go completely off the wall with the free motion and did something I had never tried before.  Given the beachy nature of the fabric, I tried to do waves.  It didn't exactly work out as I would have liked.  I also didn't realize how much it would show on the bottom with white fabric, so this was the project that made me learn that you can do different threads on the top and bottom.  That had never occurred to me before this.  Anyway, I was a little disappointed with how the quilting turned out, but it was a learning experience.

1 comment:

  1. We love our gorgeous, and personal quilt. Such a special keepsake!

    ReplyDelete