Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Introducing Skirts!

So far, I have been surprised to discover, that custom clothes are more popular than quilts.  I only had one quilt order, while I've had orders for 4 dresses and 3 skirts.  I had never done skirts before until a customer asked me if I could.  I've done dresses, which, in my mind, are more difficult, so I said "sure!" and went on to figure out what kinds of skirts I could make.

I finally settled on the Euro Ruffle Skirt by tiedyediva and the Madalyn Skirt by ViolaLeePatterns.  They are both super cute patterns and easy to create.

Here is an example of the Euro Ruffle Skirt.  I love the fun fabric - Michael Miller Groovy Guitars - this customer selected and complemented with a pink ruffle.


The Madalyn Skirt is equally cute, if not a bit dressier.  It can be made with a bow at the waist or without.  I did a set of two for a friend's daughters to wear for Christmas.  She selected Michael Miller Nordic Holiday and complemented it with Kona Tomato


Add caption


No comments:

Post a Comment