Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Beach Baby

I've previously mentioned that I've let my daughter pick fabric for clothing items I'm making her (largely to keep her distracted in the fabric store).  Well, she picked these two fabrics, and while they [kind of] match, I had no idea what to do with them.  They're obviously not something I would have chosen myself, but she loves them, so I went ahead and used an Oliver + S Hide and Seek Tunic pattern to try it out.  The pattern can be made as a dress or top.  I opted for a top to make it a bit more versatile.


I like the silhouette and I love the little bib on the front and back.  I did think this pattern was unnecessarily complicated, and I actually did a few things differently than the instructions to streamline it a bit.


I already had the perfect buttons on hand for this design, and I'm always excited to use buttons by my favorite shop - digitsdesigns on Etsy.




While I wouldn't have chosen the fabrics, I actually think they went together really well with this pattern, and, most importantly, my daughter loves it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment