Search This Blog

Friday, March 18, 2016

A Different Kind of Disney

This was a fun little project.  I took my daughter to a fabric store with me, and, in order to occupy her time to give me time to shop, I told her she could pick out a fabric, and I would make her a dress.  Well, as soon as I saw Disney Snow White with Animal Friends on a shelf, I knew it was what any two year old would choose.

I immediately knew the perfect pattern to use and poked around in the store for complementary fabrics and settled on one with roses and Kona Cotton Butterscotch.  I changed the pattern up a bit by doing my own sleeve - a puff sleeve with elasticized bottom.  I used a premade ribbon instead of sewing my own, and I wouldn't recommend doing that in the future.




I found these adorable heart buttons at the store too.


All-in-all it turned out great.  My daughter was thrilled with her "Snow White Dress".  I could see doing some more of these Disney princess dresses but catering to more adult stylistic tastes as far as pattern choices so everyone gets what they want.

Stay tuned to see the next creation made with Judith's second fabric choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment